Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A New Approach


I'm always laughing.

And when there isn't anything to laugh about at a particular moment, then I'll think of something or some story to evoke at least a smile on my face.


Laughter is the absolute best medicine. If if anyone wants to debate me on this topic, go ahead. But I'm sticking to this belief and nothing nor no one can change my mind.

So my new approach to my blog is by only posting stories and the little anecdotes that occur throughout the day or come to mind.
Some may be simple and stupid, but if they make me laugh, I want to remember them always. I forget everything, and I've been saying forever that I should write all this silly nonsense down that I might remember.

Drum roll please for the first story of this sorry little blog....


I entered the laughing world at a young age. However, I was usually the one being laughed at. And the one laughing was my brother.
Remember those candy containers with the small scoops at the super markets? You fill your bag with candy and then weigh it at the check out? Well, I used to think the candy was free, so my sister and I would just grab a hand full and munch down as we followed our mother throughout the grocery store.
Mom finally caught us digging into the containers and instructed us never to eat the candy again. It had to be paid for.
Leaving candy out there for the taking is just too much temptation for a four-year-old. My mother's instructions could not be withheld! I shoved the candy in my pockets and has we were about to leave, I sprinted towards the sliding doors. I ran as fast as I could and almost made it to freedom. That's right I said "almost." As I was running towards to the great outdoors, I tripped over my own feet and fell to the floor. Saltwater taffy flew out of my pockets and covered the grocery store tiles.
I immediately began to cry and my brother immediately began to laugh... hysterically.
My mother however, was trying NOT to laugh and told me I had to pick every piece up and apologize to the cashier (who was also trying not to laugh.) She kept her head down and tried not to look at me as I handed her the candy. I was absolutely humiliated.
Life would never be the same again.

1 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

Well! I had no idea you were finally blogging! Nice.

You are a wonderful member of the laughing world!