Friday, June 27, 2008

Complete Randomness


Do you have those moments where you just say something and it makes absolute no sense at all? I mean, it might make sense to you at times but not to the person you're speaking with.

I have those moments quite often. It's like I'm between reality and a dream. My dream makes perfect sense and then when I'm coming back to the real word, sometimes a piece of that magical land comes with me.
Then when all reality hits you, the room is quite. Everyone's staring at you.
Then KABOOM!!! And avalanche of laughter comes rollin' in! Oh! And you can't forget the pointing of fingers. No sir!

As I was saying, this is a usually a daily occurrence for me.

For example - I was on a work trip with my boss Jeff and my coworker Kara. On our lunch break, Jeff begins to pray over our food. As He was praying, I was thinking how thankful I was for him and for his prayer over our meal.
He said Amen... then Kara said Amen... then I said - Thank You. I didn't even wait for them to laugh; I immediately threw myself back in my chair and began laughing so hard I was crying.
For the rest of the day, we said Amen for Thank You and Thank You for Amen.


Also, as my friend once stated - I have hearing dyslexia. Somebody says something and I hear another.

My mother and I were discussing the Broadway play we had seen. I was trying to remember if David Hyde Pierce had won an award for his roll in Monty Python or if he had just been nominated.
My mother responded with, "Fratoni's?"

I said, "What?"

"Fratoni's?"

"What?"

"FOR TONY's!? Are you talking about the Tony awards?!"

Again, I immediately began to laugh. I explained to her what I had heard. I said, "I thought were were talking about some Italian family. I saw that Taxi in front of us and thought it was a Pizza delivery car. I didn't know what the heck you were talking about!"

My mom started cracking up the moment I mentioned "Italian Family."

Good times, the Faughtsters have.

1 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

I've wondered about you & your magical land...