Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Washington Jefferson Square Park

My Mother and I took a trip to NYC back in May. I'm a huge fan of the Yankees, and if you know baseball at all, you'll know that this is their last season in The House that Ruth Built. Not only did we take in a game, but we also explored the city until our legs gave out.

One of the Parks I just had to go to was the Washington Square Park. I've dreamed of seeing the Washington Arch since I was a little girl, and I just couldn't go to NYC and not see it. However, when we arrived at the park, most of it was under construction. I barely saw any of it. Although I did see this guy, sleeping on the grass. I thought it was funny.


As we studied the great arch, my mother looked to the pillar on the right and said, "Well that's definitely George Washington. I wonder who the man is on the left? It must be Thomas Jefferson."

With a look of complete confusion I said, "Well... it's called the
Washington Square Arch. So, I'm assuming it's George Washington also. I mean, they could have put Thomas Jefferson on the George's arch, I guess. But it would probably be called the Washington Jefferson Square Park then."

"Oh my goodness," she said. "I can't believe I just said that. You'll never let me live that down will you?"

"That's right, Mom. I will never forget this."

0 comments: