Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lindsay's hand is as soft as a.... Jelly Jar?

My sister Lindsay stayed with my grandparents for the summer after she graduated high
school.

At dinner time, we always hold each others hands, bow our heads, and Big Daddy (my grandfather) prays. Lindsay was sitting next to him one evening and laid out her hand for him to take, but he never did. As he prayed, Lindsay opened her eyes and saw he had his hand around the spoon in the jelly jar.

She did her best contain her laughter until the prayer was over and then asked, "Big Daddy. Did you realize you were holding the spoon in the jelly jar rather than my hand?"

Big Daddy's response: "I thought your hand was cold!"

1 comments:

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Shay apparently really likes jelly...or at least the jars.