Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hi, my name is Harry Pitts.


Can you imagine being named "Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii"? Yes, this is true. A nine-year-old girl from New Zealand was named this by her weirdo parents.

Click here to read the full story.

I am not against unique names. My life revolves around being creative, and I applaud those who think outside of the box. But... naming your child "Fish and Chips" is stepping outside of one box and jumping into another. This is the box of "INSANITY".

Now, I don't mean to judge harshly; I just feel sorry for the poor kids. They're too embarrassed to even tell their friends their own name. And I'm not talking about people like my dad. He goes by his middle name not just because of a family tradition, but also because he hates his first name - Howard. This is not a horrible name though, maybe just a little out dated.

Like I said before, I like different and unique names, even to the point where my family thinks I'm weird. For instance, I don't think Talula is horrible. Actually, I really like it.
Let's also examine the name Apple. I didn't think that Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin were insane for choosing such a name (and I'm not saying this just because I'm a huge Coldplay fan!). It's not a name I would probably use but it's their life, and I really don't think Apple is ever going to be picked on - no pun intended (especially with having a superstar mother and a rock star father. Think about it).

Basically what I'm saying here... is be creative not cruel and stupid.



5 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

People can choose if they wanna be cruel or not. I'm thinkin' stupidity is not a choice. :^)

Maybe these Moms named their babies right after labor, still reeling from the effects of medication & pain.

I love the way you write your posts, very entertaining.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

yeah...i agree...nothin like a good apple martini.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

oh yeah...i had to go chase this one down and come back...i found this when i was looking for some ideas...i'm certain the writer of this site would hate my choice too but it is some interesting reading nonetheless. Most of the names i don't like either but some i do and they get massacreed...oh well to each his own...i'd just like to know what the writer DOES like.

RunningMad said...

That site was cracking me up. I agree, there were a few names that I didn't mind, but the way he made absolute fun of them gave me a good laugh.

I do believe that every man has the choice to name their own child whatever they want. Sometimes I'm just shocked at how - I guess the word would be "brave" - some people can me. And I'm not talking about the names that I can barely pronounce, it's the one's like "Harry Pitts" and so on.

Bag Blog said...

Years ago, Jesse and I heard this new mother proudly announce that her baby girl's name was Daz. You should have seen the look on Jesse's face.