Friday, September 5, 2008

Faith, Hope, and Love


Last night I had the pleasure of spending time with friends (new and old) in Ada, Oklahoma, USA, the World.
I have been so blessed to meet every single one of them, and they have been such a testimony to me.

A message was shared during our visit about keeping faith even during difficult times. When God allows these things to happen, and we keep the faith and hope alive, the ending result will be good. We will be blessed.
Recently many spiritual and physical trials have come against my family and me. I can feel myself becoming bitter, which pulls me farther away from God.

God has been so merciful and patient with me. Why is it that I choose to lose hope when He has been so faithful and has proven Himself over and over again?

I want to choose life. I want to fight the good fight. I want to finish the course. I want to keep the faith through each moment of hardship. I constantly cry out for peace and strength to keep me standing during temptations, testings and trials. I know if I walk in His endurance and strength that there will be a good outcome. I don't always recognize it immediately, but there have been so many times where I've looked back later down the road and have seen the work He did in my life and finally understand why.

This has definitely been one of the reasons I've been listening to Robbie Seay Band so much lately. There's at least one song (if not more) on each of his albums that is constantly reminding us (or at least me) of faith, hope and love.

My faves:
Better Days - Better Days Album
Jesus Garden of My Rest - Better Days
Peace - (This on the Better Days, but I prefer the version on 10,000 Charms)
Song of Hope - Give Yourself Away
New Day - Give Yourself Away (This is my ultimate fave!)
Love Wins - Give Yourself Away
You are Good - 10,000 Charms
Hope - 10,000 Charms

There are so many more songs of his that are wonderful, but these truly speak to me in times I feel myself losing faith, hope and the greatest of all... Love.

2 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

I have a Robbie Seay Band station on Pandora. "Song of Hope" is one of my favorites!

Colt & I have been talking about awareness. We are choosing to be very thankful for discernment & being made aware of things coming against us. I am thankful to hear that you are aware. May you be sober & alert. Stand strong in the Lord, sister! Keep your eyes on things above. May faith, hope, & love fill your heart & overflow.

Man-Duh said...

Man! I am with you, sister! I don't know why we choose to lose hope, either. We're so silly sometimes. But I sure am glad God takes care of us in spite of ourselves.