Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Lindsay Lu

Today is my sister's 25 birthday. I'm so thankful to be blessed with such a beautiful person in my life, inside and out. I'm not just saying this because she is my sister, and I believe anyone who knows her would vouch for me when I say - she is a truly special person.

For the most part of my life, Lindsay's practically been a second mother to me. She's always been a shoulder of support in very way conceivable. I can't imagine life without her humor, her charm, her patience, her kindness, and most of all her love.

When we were younger, I hated the fact that she told me what to do all the time and was always
the leader in everything. "You're not my mother!", I would tell her. Looking back now, I wish I could knock some sense in that little punk of a kid. She was trying to protect me. Protect me from my own stupid selfishness which would eventually lead to heartache. Out of hope and love she's paved that rocky road smooth, just for me.

I want her to know I love and appreciate all her lectures and "talks," because I know she was helping me become a better person.

She is apart of me: My Mentor, My Confidant, My Sister, My Friend.

With all my heart, Lindsay Lu, I will love you until the day I die. -Your Ragie Baby.

3 comments:

inpassing said...

I'll have to wipe the tears from my eyes before I can comment...

OK...I'm better now.

"How sweet!!"

Bag Blog said...

Yeah, I love her too.

Jesse Baggett said...

Gag me! I didn't even post her birthday on my blog (only because she is in every other post and I'm already feeling a little gay, and because I forgot ;)!