Monday, November 10, 2008

Romantic at Heart


I'm going to be honest here; I'm a total romantic.
I'm also a complete freak when it comes to music and with my sister getting married, I've been having to listening to so many songs in preparation for her wedding.

Some of my favorites and what I consider some of the most romantic songs ever are as follows - no particular order and probably super-duper cliche, but whatever:

Sundress: Ben Kweller
Shiver: Coldplay
Yellow: Coldplay
Til Kingdom Come: Coldplay
Fix You: Coldplay
Remember to Breathe: Dashboard Confessional
Such Great Heights: The Postal Service
All I Need: Radiohead
New Day: Robbie Seay Band
Closer: Travis
Under the Moonlight: Travis
Your Song: Elton John
The Book of Love: Peter Gabriel
Transatlanticism: Death Cab for Cutie

I know some of these my not be solely about loving someone and them loving back - and blah, blah, blah - but there's moments in each one that the lyrics grasp my attention and cause me to sigh a deep sigh or just feel that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Yes, I'm a dork. But ask any girl - we all feel it.
Now... I could probably go on and on with more songs.... but I'm going to stop there. This is my personal list, and if I had more time to think there would probably be more. I actually have no idea why I'm writing this, I guess I've just been listening to a lot of Coldplay recently, and in my opinion they pretty much rule when it comes to being romantic.

3 comments:

Jared Johnson said...

You may also add "Tupelo Honey" by Van Morrison and "Crush" by Dave Matthews to that list.

Jesse Baggett said...

I only know two songs out of your list, but I'm sure I've heard the rest from all our driving together. I'm sure I've woken up from my nap and said, 'What is this!? Turn it off!" Nah, you know I love your music, but I do think "If you find yourself caught in love" is awfully romantic too ;)

RunningMad said...

Ok, I have to make a correction to my list. I love the song "Your Song" by Elton John, but I prefer when someone else sings it. I heard some band sing it one time (just goofing off or whatever) and I thought it was AMAZING! Love the words.
Then...
I'm adding "Flowers in the Window" by Travis. They're catching up with Coldplay as one of the most romantic bands ever (at least in my book).

And yes, Jess, I can pretty much guarantee you've heard most, if not all, of these songs.