Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Consistency

I just read a friend's blog about passions. It's somewhat inspired me to write a little list of the things and people I love with a quick description of why.

My Sister, Lindsay
She's profoundly loving and caring, and has helped me grow spiritually and physically stronger than any other human being. God has placed her in my life for a reason. I don't even want to think about life without her.

My Brother, Jeramie
He's a source of strength that's ever so constant. When other people run, he's still there beside me and has never made me feel alone. I can tell him anything without fear or shame. He's not technically my brother, but he might was well be.

Writing
This is a newer one for me ("newer" - as in the past 5 years or less). Writing is way for me to pour my other passions and emotions on paper. I love reading and listening to stories and feeling the emotions they evoke - excitement, sadness, love, thrill. Writing is a way of documenting mine, whether it's ridiculous everyday life happenings or something very deeply felt. I love it. It's not so much as an escape but more of a release.



Art
I love painting. I wish I had more opportunity to do so. Again, painting is another means of expression. There's no wrong way, which I think many people are seeking. No one can tell you what you're doing is wrong. There's different techniques, different strokes, but you can't make a mistake with whatever you choose. It's you and this artwork is yours.


Laughter and Joy
I live by Nehemiah 8:10. "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." There's nothing better than being happy. Everyone is searching for happiness in their own way, and lot of times they're searching in the wrong places. God has given me so much joy, and I couldn't be more thankful. I can be in the darkest of times and still be happy. It's not that I don't care or I don't feel as deeply as everyone else, it's just that God has given me a way of peace and strength - and guess what? It's through joy.
And has far has laughter goes... It's a drug to me. There are times I just can't stop. I'm an addict.

Music
I have probably written more about music than any other topic on my blog. I love music, melody and sound. Granted, there are some "sounds" I prefer not to hear, but God has gifted us with music, and how we choose to use it is up to us.


After I wrote this, I read over it and realized why I love each one of these so much. These are the only things that have been perpetual for me - Unchanging, unwavering, consistent. I can rely on each one in it's own way.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind change in my life or new adventures. I live for them. But I can always come back to these things\people and know they will still be there no matter what. To know and be confident in the fact these bonds won't be broken is such an uplifting factor in my life.
I also want to express the fact I know God is behind each one. He knows what I need, and to express my thankfulness would be another lengthy blog. I love my life and what God has given. There's definitely times when I want to run from the struggles I face, but He's given me each one of these that I may come out on the other side stronger and with my faith lifted. He is the actual constant source, and to Him I give all the glory.

3 comments:

jesse coffee said...

Reagan, I had no idea you painted. I must say that those two are amazing. You should do one for me, and I'll proudly display it for all to see.

And I love sitting around and laughing with you as well.

RunningMad said...

Thanks Jesse!
Those are some of my older ones and the few I actually have pictures of. I haven't really painted much lately because it seems I never have the time. I'm craving to go home and paint something right now!

Bag Blog said...

I crave for you to come paint with me again.