Monday, December 15, 2008

Lost in Theories and Thought

Last night on my way home from Oklahoma City, I discovered that my heater wasn't working. Not good, especially when it's 32 degrees outside and working it's way down.
In order to stay warm, my mother and I kept the conversation flowing with several random topics. I'm pretty talented when it comes to randomness, so we had no issues there.
I also have theories, theories about pretty much anything. Again, very random theories, I must say, but they keep me going and also laughing (which is my favorite thing to do). Nothing serious though. I'm lighthearted about it all.

So, my mother and I were discussing the Marilyn Monroe theory. Most are familiar with this topic, but I believe there's more to the story than just an overdose. I'm not going to get into the details, but no one can prove them. Yet, that's why they're theories; they're just ideas. I'm a person that thinks about things too seriously and should often be ignored. However, it's something I enjoy and also something my family and friends have to put up with. (I'm sorry).

Here's one of my theories: I believe that there's a lot more that goes on with rich and famous than we actually know. We just think we know every little detail about their lives, but we don't (at least for some). They have enough money to keep certain things hidden from the public. If it's important for them to keep it quiet, they can do it.

Granted, I know it was a lot easier to keep things on the down-low 50-60 years ago, but take Clark Gable for example. He was supposedly in an accident due to excessive drinking. From different reports there was a pedestrian involved, yet again, this cannot be proved.
Either way (hit-and-run or no hit-and-run), MGM's punishment for his behavior was lending him to Columbia Pictures to do this low-budget film called "It Happened One Night". This movie won him an Oscar and four other Oscars including Best Actress and Best Picture.
It is also best known for being the first film to show a man's bare chest.
Now as you can see, these people had the means to keep this all hush-hush. Case closed.

Adding to the topic, I told my mother how I wondered what other celebrities had possibly been involved in certain criminal activities. Who technically killed whom? Who really shot whom? Who bumped off whom?
I mean, you can't deny me the fact that Puff Daddy (Puff Diddy, P. Diddy - whatever) has puffed a few people off. I have a whole other theory about how he even achieved his name, but I won't post it here. I could get myself in trouble. Just ask me sometime. It's pretty ridiculous though.

I'm going to end my post there. I really don't know if there is a point to this blog, other than the fact that I enjoy thinking and discussing things whether it is ridiculous or something deeper. I often find my self sitting on my bed and thinking about whatever - like I just escaped some other world. People my consider it daydreaming, but I consider it lost in thought.

2 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

I like thinking too.

Heather said...

i have a theory about what happened to marilyn monroe.

and another concerning plesiosaurs, the loch, and ice.